I joined the 20twelve challenge hosted by the makers of the fitbook. I’m a HUGE fitbook fan, if I know you in person or you follow me in twitter you have heard about it from me. If you haven’t, it’s a fabulous planning tool. There are pages to plan your week of workouts and goals followed by pages to log your day. Here are some examples:
I lost 4.6 lbs the first week with this book – totally worth every single penny I paid for this. I’m on week two right now and really pleased and still tracking every single bite and exercise. I’m excited to see where this goes. But anyway, let’s talk food!
Last week we were given recipes and since I grocery shop before we get the next week’s list because I do all my prep on Sunday for the week – I’m making a recipe from week one’s worksheet. This week I made my version of the mac-n-cheese on the meal plan. It’s easy, cheap, and healthy. Hope you enjoy!!
Loaded Mac & Cheese
- One family size box organic Annie’s shells and white cheddar
- 1lb ground beef (grass fed is best!)
- Bell pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 1.5 cups frozen organic spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Boil water to cook the pasta for the Annie’s box and follow cooking directions on the box.
- Meanwhile chop the bell pepper, onion, spinach. In a separate pan, Heat the EVOO and saute the garlic for a minute or so.
- Add the chopped veggies to the pan with the oil/garlic and saute a few minutes. Add the ground beef and cook until done. Once done mix in the halved cherry tomatoes.
- Once the pasta is done, follow directions to make the cheese sauce.
- Add the drained pasta and the meat mixture to the pan with the cheese sauce. Mix together well.
- Add pepper, light salt, italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese to taste.
You can really add whatever veggies you like and as much as you want. Also you can change up the meat or make it vegetarian. It took me about 20 min start to finish, perfect for a quick meal after work or to make ahead for lunch for the week. Another perk – adding a ton of veggies really stretches this meal. The Annie’s box says it serves 4 and one lb of ground beef usually serves four as well. With the veggies I’m going to get at least 5 or 6 servings – maybe more.
And if you want some motivation from the same program – sign up here. It’s free to sign up and I’ve gotten some great ideas for exercise and food from every email 🙂